A nightmare scenario when you discover that your precious files, photos, videos, and other folders suddenly disappear.
Is there any way to get back your deleted data?
Of course, there is!
Accidental deletion, malware, physical damages – all can become the reason for losing essential files and folders from the device. Doesn’t matter – how expensive your Mac device is? Disasters can knock on the door at any time.
You may have accumulated a substantial number of files in Mac. However, you can’t see them anywhere. Don’t panic! We’re here to help you!
The existence of several reliable data recovery Mac methods provides a sigh of relief. Using these techniques, there’s an excellent opportunity to get your lost files and folders back by retrieving all your valuable data.
So, sit back and relax! We provide three ways to recover the lost folders!
How to Recover Files & Folders in macOS?
Get Back Deleted Folder From Mac Trash Bin
Deleted information naturally shifts to the Trash bin. The Trash in a Mac computer contains the files, documents, videos, photos, and folders until you didn’t empty the Trash. If you haven’t cleared the Trash, there are two choices to recover your information.
Restore Files Using “Undo Move”
This technique will work if you haven’t played out any operation on your Mac PC.
- Step 1: Open Finder.
- Step 2: Tap “Edit” from the menu bar.
- Step 3: Select “Undo Move” of “Your file name” from the drop-down menu.
It’ll show the removed files. So, you can put them back.
Restore Deleted Files From Trash
In case, if you already perform the operation in the Mac device after the deletion of any folder, apply the following method.
- Step 1: Open the “Trash” folder.
- Step 2: Find the removed files and folders.
- Step 3: Right-click on the file and click “Put Back” from the menu.
Recover Deleted Files From iCloud Drive
iCloud is a cloud storage platform of Apple that securely stores your photos, videos, documents, music, apps, and others. It provides a simple means to revive removed files, whenever you erase them on Mac.
- Step 1: Open a browser and log into iCloud.com.
- Step 2: Now, click the “Settings” button.
- Step 3: Find out the “Advanced” section, and click “Restore Files”. A list of removed files will appear.
- Step 4: Tick the box beside it and then click “Restore”. Once the removed file has been successfully recovered, iCloud will notify a confirming message.
Restore Deleted Files Using Time Machine Backup
If the previously mentioned methods can’t give a dependable outcome, you may need Time Machine Backup. Time Machine is an original Apple’s data backup tool, which lessens the risk of unforeseen information loss. If your Mac PC already tunes to Time Machine, it’s an ideal opportunity to use for backup. The following steps to retrieve data using Time Machine.
- Step 1: Connect the drive to the Mac computer for Time Machine backup.
- Step 2: Open the folder from where your files are missing. For example, click on the Documents folder if deleted files belong to the “Documents” folder.
- Step 3: Select the Time Machine icon from the menu bar. Otherwise, launch Time Machine – Apple>System Preferences>Time Machine.
- Step 4: Scan the items in the backup folder by using the screen up/down arrows. If you want to find files of the older version, use a timeline to navigate the files quickly. You’ll see a lot of previews of the entire folder.
- Step 5: Choose the one that holds the deleted files.
- Step 6: Click “Restore”.
Hire Data Recovery Professional
By utilizing the previously mentioned techniques, you can get back your removed files on Mac successfully. However, if the above strategies fail to show the ideal outcome, you can contact a data recovery professional.
Besides that, our experts of data recovery in Singapore will also recover removed files and folders.