Complete Forensic Data Recovery
Law enforcement agencies, forensic consulting firms, and human resources departments are among CBL’s forensic service clients. CBL provides them with the services and expertise required to safely collect evidence from hard drives and computer systems and the forensic analysis capabilities of storage media data recovery in search of deleted, hidden, or maliciously or accidentally damaged data.
Evidence garnered from computer storage devices can be as critical to the successful prosecution of a case as any other physical evidence. With the burgeoning “white collar” criminal activity dependent on computer technology, CBL’s forensic expertise assists our clients in gathering evidence that may otherwise be overlooked, undiscovered, or contaminated.
CBL’s Computer Forensics practice utilizes experts skilled in ensuring that all digital data has been handled within the legal principles of security, continuity, and accountability. The integrity of CBL’s procedures and processes will withstand the challenges presented in a court of law.
CBL’s entry into computer forensics required a sophisticated level of understanding of today’s requirements for law enforcement and legal procedures. To this end, CBL has retained the expertise of leading practitioners in these fields. Detective Superintendent Larry Edgar and Elliot Berlin, L.L.B., were instrumental in ensuring the forensic practices developed by CBL met the highest standards required under court-required rules of evidence and legal procedures.
DATA FORENSICS AND COMPUTER EVIDENCE COLLECTION PROCESS
One of the critical elements in every data forensics procedure is time. Users may unintentionally modify or overwrite evidence just by continuing to complete their daily tasks. CBL can quickly collect and preserve data or evidence that may have been deleted or become inaccessible through normal computing methods. CBL can determine if certain information exists and, if so, where it might be located.
When the data storage media is received at the CBL facility, an accurate audit trail commences. The press is immediately logged into a tracking system, and a logbook is produced. This logbook, suitable for all legal proceedings, accompanies the media through all steps. Any CBL employee who handles the media ensures the continuity of evidence by adding their name, signature, date, and a detailed description of what was done.
At this stage of the process, CBL’s expertise in magnetic media storage devices begins to play a crucial role. First, the media is replicated exactly on a sector-by-sector basis, ensuring the integrity of the subject media and evidence is preserved. CBL works only with the replicated copy, ensuring that no contamination of the original data takes place. In this preliminary examination, CBL provides the client with a report detailing the file structures, integrity, and recoverability of deleted files. This report may be used to determine if the files present will be of assistance in the investigation. CBL will make recommendations at this point on how to proceed if further information needs to be retrieved. This report allows our clients to make an informed decision on the various options that may be available to them.
The objective of adhering to this rigorous process is to provide our forensic clients with the following results, which may be required in a court of law:
- Exhibiting evidence specifying the facts that will support a conclusion or judgment
- A forensic report stating how the media was treated and how the forensic testing was performed
- A report log is providing a detailed audit trail of the media.
- A standardized process which allows for the replication of findings should a challenging group feel it is necessary to dispute the results.
There are a plethora of IT services, including forensic file recovery and preservation. A device like a computer and a laptop is required to be seized for an evidence recovery specialist or someone that is running a computer forensic investigation. Today, computer forensic data recovery is part of owning a successful business, and it is vital for business development. A number of growing companies use forensic service. The forensic data recovery experts work closely with:-
- Various Businesses
- Law Firms Sector
- Human Resources Sector
- Investigators and Auditors
- Insurance and Accountants
- Corporate Security
Forensic data recovery makes it easy to get results with successful outcomes. The computer forensic service also includes:-
- Converting installation of key longer determination of the event timelines
- Password cracking
- Registry analysis
- Analysis of email
- Analysis of internet usage
- Discovery and analysis of system logs
- Analysis of network activity
- Recovery of virtually any type of files
- Court-accept copies of hard drive
- Acquisition of evidence files to court
- NZP procedures used to facilitate evidence
Understanding RAID Recovery
A specialty is the RAID data recovery, in which experts collect, recover, and return complete data with successful results. You can go for RAID forensic data recovery for small and medium business government agencies and law enforcement. The dedicated data recovery laboratory is a hub for specialist engineers that retrieve data for you. The file formats and types of server and disk storage arrays, sometimes, suffer critical data loss.
Common RAID Failure
RAID failures are common and can happen to anyone at any time. There is a number of different ways. In a situation where there is no backup, and you need to get data loss services, it is highly suggested to get assistance from a specialist for the data recovery immediately. Here is a list of rules to increase your chances of successful data recovery:-
- Immediately stop working in the RAID server once you encounter a problem.
- Avoid using RAID rebuilds
- Try not to format hard drives
- Try not to re-install the operating system
- Do not change hard drive configuration
- Controller Failures
- Single Hard Disk Failure
- Multiple Hard Disk Drive Failure
- Multiple Driver Failure
- Intermittent Drive Failure
- Hardware Conflicts
- Failure of Server Boot
- Server Registry Configuration Lost
- Rebuild From Failure
- Stripping the Damage
- RAID Array or Volume
- Complete Software Corruption
- Complete Operating System Upgrade
- Controller Card Corruption
- RAID Container Crash
RAID Service Structure: The three levels of service
- Emergency Services help you recover your data in the shortest possible time. With the service, you can get overnight and weekend operations.
- Priority Service for complete data recovery within 5-7 days
- Standard service with complete data recovery within 7-10 days
The RAID Data recovery includes:-
- The RAID recovery engineer has years of experience in RAID recovery
- It is a multi-platform recovery
- You can get individual fixed-price quotes
Recovering Files Using Software Application
- Select a location to scan: Once you have installed the software, launch the recovery wizard and hover on the partition, external hard drive, USB, and then click on “Scan.”
- Select files to recover: Now wait till scanning is complete. Once it is done, you can choose the data that you want to recover. Most of the software has a search filter that helps in locating specific files.
- Click on the recovery button and choose a location.
Types Of Forensics
- Digital Forensics: Get state-of-art tools and services from experts to gather and preserve evidence from any laptop.
- Mobile Forensics: The media data recovery capabilities extend to smartphones and tablets.
- DVR Recovery: The experts can recover deleted or corrupted video cameras or CCTV footage for any investigation.
- Imaging and Erasure: Bit-by-bit digital media images preserve court-accepted evidence.
- Analysis And Investigation: Detailed forensics investigation and analysis
- Expert Testimony: The forensics evidence is related to computer use and the user’s activity.
Nowadays, technology is changing at a much faster rate than ever before; business, schools, law firms, and government agencies require sophisticated documents. The document can help in complying with the ever-changing rules and regulations. You can get a complete analysis of the secure data recovery with a deep understanding of the processing and other measures, as aforementioned. The structured and unstructured approach to data helps beyond investigation.
Other Legal Forensic Services
- Divorce and Custody: Data discovery and gathering capabilities can be useful in an adversarial situation.
- Infidelity Investigation: Uncover information that might reveal inappropriate behavior using privacy or encryption software.
- Intellectual property cases: Most IP exists in the digital form, and forensics can easily detect whether it has been transferred outside the premises or not.
- Employment and Contracts: The forensics ensures that departing employees do not take any client data.
- Insurance Claim: The forensic data recovery service performs an essential process in determining if or when claim-related documents were accessed.
- Social Media Analysis: The ability to trace user social media activity, which can reveal patterns helpful in the investigation
Forensic experts with decades of forensic data recovery from physical or maliciously deleted data situations can work side by side with you. You can take advantage of the complete service offered for your hard drives, desktop computer, and workstation. Also, get data recovery from removable media, USB thumb drives, email servers, and database servers, smartphones, and digital recorders. It is simple, easy, and straightforward to get service; moreover, you get services within your budget.