Are you experiencing data loss issues on your Mac?
Deletion of data can happen due to several reasons, such as mistakenly clicking on the “Delete” button, a virus attack hitting your Mac or hardware or software issues affecting the files. Another thing is – you might be trying to turn it on but it doesn’t display anything.
Now, what to do?
Losing essential information from your Mac is never a pleasant experience. Fortunately, there are multiple methods through which you can restore all your deleted files from your MacBook.
Some prefer DIY data recovery mac techniques for retrieving data, while others choose the data recovery software for performing the data recovery.
In this comprehensive guide, you’ll learn about how to recover recently deleted files on Mac without software.
Methods to Recover Deleted Data on Mac Without Software
Retrieve Data Back From Trash
If you mistakenly pressed the “Delete” button, Trash is the primary place to look for deleted files on a Mac machine. It’s a folder that Apple’s operating system uses for storing deleted files temporarily. Here are the following steps to recover data from a Trash bin.
- Click the “Trash” icon and look for the deleted files.
- Once you locate the files, right-click on the files, and you’ll see a drop-down box.
- Choose the “Put Back” option from the context menu.
It will restore your deleted files to their original location. However, if the files aren’t in the “Trash” folder, it’s time to try other recovery methods.
Recover Files Through Undo Option
One of the simple and easy methods of restoring recently deleted files is to perform the macOS Command-Z keystroke combination. However, you need to execute this method quickly if you haven’t overwritten the data yet. Another essential thing to take into account is that this method won’t reverse the act of emptying the Trash bin. If the Trash gets emptied, the possibilities of recovering data will become limited. Another option for performing the Undo operation is:
- Open “Finder”
- Click “Edit” from the menu bar
- Choose Undo Move of “Your file name” from the drop-down menu for restoring the files.
Now, check the location – whether the deleted data is restored or not.
Restore Deleted Files Through Time Machine Backup
Time Machine is a data backup tool designed by Apple. In the event of accidental data loss, business people can recover data through this tool. Turning on the Time Machine will automatically create a backup of your stored data. So, let’s have a look at the following steps to restore deleted files from Time Machine
- Open the folder where your deleted data is stored. For example, if you deleted files from the Documents folder, open the Documents folder.
- Launch the Time Machine to the Mac computer from the menu bar. You can also start Time Machine from Launchpad, or go to Apple>System Preferences>Time Machine.
- Through up/down arrows, you can browse the local files and backups. In case if you want to restore files of the older version, use the timeline to navigate the files quickly. You’ll find a lot of deleted files and folders.
- Select the files that you want to recover by clicking on “Restore”.
You’ll see the retrieved files in the original location.
Get Data Back Through iCloud Drive
The cloud storage solution of Apple is iCloud. It’s basically used to store photos, videos, documents, music, apps, and more to keep such data secure and safe. iCloud also offers a way to restore deleted files whenever you delete them on an iOS device or mac. However, iCloud requires an Internet connection for recovering files.
- Open a browser and type or visit https://www.icloud.com/. You’ll need to log in with your Apple ID.
- Once logged into iCloud.com, click the Settings button.
- As you scroll down, you’ll find an Advanced section. Then, click Restore Files. Or, when you open iCloud Drive, click Recently Deleted in the bottom-right corner of the window.
- You’ll see deleted files list according to their size, and the time remaining for expiration.
- Now, tick the boxes and click “Restore”.
- Once the files have successfully been restored, iCloud will display a confirming message.
If you’re thinking about hiring professionals for hard drive data recovery in the USA or other countries, you can consider taking help from data recovery technicians. They assure you with exceptional quality services.
CBL Tech – A Solution for Missing or Deleted Files
We have mentioned some effective methods to restore your data without software. If you still are unable to retrieve your data, CBL Tech is here to assist you in the long term. Why?
It is because we have all the reliable and robust techniques to restore your data without the involvement of third-party software. Believe us, you’ll receive a 100% guarantee over data recovery and other relatable services. Our IT support team will take care of everything, from diagnostic to restoration of data.