Do you know your data is spontaneous? Data loss can be seen anytime, no matter how much you are ready for visual attacks or blackouts. RAID (Redundant Array of Independent Disks) is virtual disk technology which is a combination of various physical drives over a single unit. Further, RAID data Loss is temporary, and RAID Data Recovery centers are easy to find in your nearby locations. However, you can try to recover RAID server data by yourself. Isn’t it great?
Well, we know you might have queries regarding data recovery. So, read the article to know more about data recovery from a RAID server.
What Are Major Steps To Recover Data From RAID Server?
The reason for data loss could be physical or internal damage. That is why knowing the real cause is very important for recovery. Well, no doubt data recovery could be really complicated. A second mistake might lead to major data loss or RAID failure. Furthermore, it may be the reason for the various disks failing. Now have a look over the steps you need to take for data recovery.
1. DIY Techniques
We have listed a step-by-step guide to recover data from a damaged RAID Server.
- The first step is to check the disk in a lab consisting of controlled airborne particles. Moreover, this environment is best to prevent inadvertent damage while doing disk examination to the platter.
- The second step is, checking physical damage. It can be repaired, and logical damages need the expertise to fix them.
- Now, the third step is, if your disks are functional, clone them with specialized software.
- Now, the next step is to explore the RAID array’s logical parameters. It consists of RAID level, strips size, parity flow information, and data flow pattern. Further, those requirements use specialized techniques, expertise, and tools.
- At the end, if you understand the RAID parameters, it will be easy to reconstruct.
2. Software Download
It is the easiest trick to recover data from a RAID server. Although, there is numerous data recovery software for the RAID server. You should perform a scanning based on the file signature of the disks. Moreover, you can prefer deep scanning for data recovery from the RAID server.
3. Consult an Expert
First of all, it is recommended to consult with a data recovery expert. Further, you must check the RAID controller, the Server, RAID setup, RAID configuration, and other components related to the RAID. You may find any defect in these things.
Moreover, check whether a disk has any damages or failure issues. When data loss occurs because of damage, check whether it is logical or physical damage. Physical damages will show symptoms like overheating or noises from the disk. On the other hand, logic carries software components corruption on the disks. Furthermore, if you find any of them, consult a data recovery service provider to solve the issues. Professionally certified engineers can solve the RAID issues easily.
Reasons For Data Loss From RAID Server?
Why have we lost data from the RAID server? It’s a simple query with complicated reasons. Also, we have enlisted some of the most common causes for RAID failure and data loss.
- Multiple disks failed
- Power surge
- Damaged boot record
- Member disk(s) damaged physically
- Disks are not detecting
- RAID rebuilding failed
- RAID controller failed
- The member disks file System corrupted
- Virus infection
- RAID configuration problem
- Natural calamities
- Bad sectors on disks
- Furthermore, the problem in the RAID server- corrupted OS, OS not loading, corrupted drivers, applications malfunctioning, and many more.
In conclusion, we would love to state that this guide will be helpful if you are facing the issue of data loss issues. Moreover, you can take help from the best RAID data recovery services available in your region. They work to recover lost data with the latest techniques and modern ways.