Computers and programs have become more powerful and more reliable. But this doesn’t guarantee that one evening, you won’t see an error message in your PowerPoint file. The reasons could be:
- Force quitting a frozen PowerPoint program.
- Unexpected shutdown of a discharged laptop.
- Cloud file sync errors.
- Crashes when saving a large presentation file.
In any case, don’t despair, there is almost always a way to restore everything. There are various hard drive recovery options available in the market that bring back your deleted files.
Let’s have a look!
How to Recover Deleted PowerPoint Files?
If you accidentally deleted your PowerPoint files, you can check the methods of data recovery software and others to recover your deleted PowerPoint quickly and safely.
Method 1: Recover From the Trash
Windows comes with a special Recycle Bin feature where it recovers accidentally deleted files. With this function, you can easily recover deleted documents and save documents for later use. You need to follow the instructions below to repair your PowerPoint file.
- Step 1: On the computer screen, find the Recycle Bin icon and double-click it.
- Step 2: Find and select the remote PPT file from the Recycle Bin.
- Step 3: Right-click on the found file and select the Restore Option.
- Step 4: Recycle Bin will restore deleted files to their original location.
Method 2: Recover PowerPoint File From Recent
If your PowerPoint isn’t saved due to a forced shutdown of your system or PowerPoint isn’t responding etc., you can find the unsaved PowerPoint file from Recents.
Now, let’s check the steps.
Launch the PowerPoint file, click File>Recent, and you’ll see all the recent presentations in a list. Select the one you want and click “Recover Unsaved Presentations”.
After closing all recent PowerPoint presentations, you won’t be given any changes to open them.
Method 3: Revert PowerPoint File From AutoRecover
Auto-update is a small built-in feature of all Microsoft Office products, including PowerPoint. This will automatically save your PowerPoint files at frequent times.
To recover your lost PowerPoint file, you just need to make sure it’s enabled.
- Step 1: Open a PowerPoint document, click the file tab>Options.
- Step 2: Select “save options on the left”, copy and paste the location of the file for automatic recovery.
- Step 3: Browse to the folder to find the PowerPoint file for automatic recovery, click it to see if it’s the PowerPoint file for recovery.
When opening a recovered PowerPoint document, you may notice that some data may be missing. What for?
This is because the recovered PowerPoint file is saved at regular intervals. Changes you make may not be saved after the time has expired.
Find Back PowerPoint Document From Temporary Files
When your PowerPoint file is saved, you can refer to this method to recover the PowerPoint from a temporary file.
- Step 1: Find the temporary files by clicking Start>Type CMD in the search box>right click CMD and select Run as administrator>Type% Temp% at the command prompt.
- Step 2: Find your lost PowerPoint file and copy it to another location. Change the extension to pptx or ppt as you created it earlier. Then you can restore the PowerPoint file again.
When you open a PowerPoint file, it gives you the option to restore the PowerPoint file from the last save. Otherwise, you won’t find any files.
After trying the above-mentioned methods, if you still can’t recover corrupted PowerPoint files, you can take assistance from professionals of online PowerPoint recovery. They are highly skilled and proficient to bring back your unsaved or deleted PowerPoints within a few hours.
Additionally, these professionals have all data recovery software and tools to retrieve any type of data. We have a strong IT support team. If you have any questions, you can contact us at any time.