CBL Data Recovery Singapore – Global Provider of Hard Disk Data Recovery Services
As a leading global provider of Hard Disk Data Recovery Services, the team at CBL Data Recovery has extensive experience recovering data from all kinds of hard disk drive data recovery, including the ones in desktops, laptops, RAID Servers, external hard disks, USB flash drives, memory cards, and mobile devices.
Expert Technicians Ready To Assist You
We are experienced at extracting data from seemingly lost drives and securely recovering lost files. With our expertise and experience, we can recover your important documents and photos.
Authorized by World Leading Technology Manufacturers
CBL Data Recovery Singapore is authorized by world leading manufacturers to work on your sealed HDD and provide Hard Disk Data Recovery without voiding the original warranty. We have close working relationships with all of the major manufacturers, and by doing so, we are able to combine our knowledge of HDD Data Recovery technology with their experience in manufacturing.
Internal Research & Development (R&D)
As a result of working with manufacturers and also intensively on our internal Research and Development (R&D) we are able to develop solutions for the latest technological advances in Hard Disk Drives and also expand our Hard Disk Data Recovery Services to cater to any of your Hard Disk Data Recovery issues. Inclusive of the latest models and versions of HDD that get released by top manufacturers.
Hard Disk Data Recovery Service Coverage
From personal Hard Disk Drives to enterprise-class array storage devices. Our highly trained technicians are outfitted with the most up-to-date tools and techniques to ensure that we provide quality service every time.
Looking for a Reliable Hard Disk Data Recovery Company?
CBL Data Recovery Singapore is available to assist you! In our 20+ years of experience, our team has seen almost every scenario involving Hard Disk Data Recovery, lost data, physically broken HDDS, water-damaged HDD units, malware-infected HDD, and almost every other possible issue that can occur with a Hard Disk Drive. Our team of experts will also work closely with you to ensure that all your personal information is kept secure. We will provide regular updates throughout the process so you know what is happening every step of the way.
Hard Disk Drives; The Pros & Cons
Hard Disk Drives (HDD)
A hard disk drive is a mechanical device used for storing digital information. Hard disk drives come in different sizes, from small desktop models to large server units. They store data magnetically on platters coated with ferromagnetic material. The platter spins at high speed while read/write heads hover above the surface. Data is stored in concentric tracks. Each track has a unique address called cylinder, head, and sector. A single platter may contain several hundred cylinders, each containing hundreds of sectors.
Hard disk drives are now widely used in many computing platforms including desktops, laptops, tablets, smartphones, servers, embedded systems, video game consoles, portable media players, and car navigation systems.
The Pros of HDD
- High Capacity: HDDs are very reliable and can hold a lot of data.
- Low Cost per GB: HDDs are cheap compared to solid state drives (SSD).
- Easy to Use: HDDs are easy to install and operate.
- Reliability: Recovering data on HDDs is easier than SSDs.
The Cons of HDD
- Higher power consumption: HDDs consume more energy than SSDs.
- Noisy: Relies on moving parts.
- Slower: Read & write speeds are slower than SSD
- Limited Life Span: HDD do not last as long as SSD
Hard Disk Data Recovery
The process of recovering lost files from a damaged Hard Disk Drive is known as Hard Disk Data Recovery. When our technician receives the hard disk from the customer, the process begins.
They then conduct tests to determine the type of damage that has occurred. If the hard disk was formatted, the technician will need to recover the partition table first. After recovering the partition table, the technician can proceed to recover any individual file.
With CBL Singapore, the Hard Disk Data Recovery procedure is usually done within one week.
Before Attempting External Hard Disk Data Recovery
CAUTION: If you use the incorrect tool/software to recover data from your hard disk, you run the risk of making your current problem even more severe and destroying any possibility of salvaging your data.
Before you download the first data recovery tool you come across, take a moment and let us explain some of the most common causes of Hard Disk Drive Data Failure.
Common Causes of Hard Disk Data Failure
There are many things that can cause Hard Disk Data Failure depending on the type of damage and how extensive the damage is to the storage media.
The recovery process is different and might require a combination of various data recovery methods to provide Hard Disk Data Recovery. Let’s look at the different types of damage that can happen to a HDD in its lifespan :
Types of Damage
This includes physical damage such as scratches or dents, which can cause the platters inside the hard disk to become unbalanced.
This occurs when the magnetic coating on the platters becomes worn out over time. It can also be caused by a sudden impact to the hard disk.
Corrosion occurs when the platters inside the drive have been exposed to moisture, causing them to warp and eventually break apart.
If the power supply fails, it can cause the platters to spin too fast and create friction between the platters and the spindle motor.
Viruses can corrupt the operating system of the computer, preventing the hard disk from reading and writing properly.
If there is a hardware malfunction, the hard disk could be unable to communicate with the computer.
If the software malfunctions, the hard disk could stop working altogether.
A bad sector is an area of the disk that has failed. It usually happens due to a head crash or a mechanical failure in the hard disk.
Firmware error means that the firmware of the hard disk is corrupted.
Read errors occur when data cannot be read correctly by the hard disk.
Bad blocks are areas of the disk that are damaged beyond repair. These areas are called bad because they cannot be used for storing information.
The printed circuit board (PCB) is the main component of the hard disk. If the PCB becomes defective, then the entire hard disk becomes unusable.
Fire damages the PCB and causes the hard disk to fail.
Water damages the PCB and causes it to fail.
Corrupt File System
When a file system gets corrupted, it makes the hard disk inaccessible.
This happens when the read-write head crashes into the platter, causing permanent damage to the platters.
A dead head is a part of the hard disk that does not work anymore.
A torn head is a part of a hard disk that has been damaged.
Scratches are small marks left behind after a hard disk falls off its stand.
A stuck motor is a problem with the spindle motor. It prevents the platters from spinning at the correct speed.
A fire damages the PCB and causes a hard disk to fail.
If water enters the hard disk, it can corrode the components inside.
If you have experienced any of these problems, it is best to seek professional help for Hard Disk Data Recovery. We recommend you contact us, CBL Singapore if you are experiencing any of these issues.
Wide Range of Hard Disk Drive Data Recovery Services
• Hard Disk Repair : Our technicians repair all brands of hard drives.
• Hard Disk Replacement : We replace broken or failing hard drives with new ones.
• Hard Disk Data Recovery : We recover deleted files, photos, music, videos, documents, etc. from failed or corrupted hard drives.
• Hard Disk Formatting : We format hard drives for customers who want to erase their existing data.
• Hard Disk Upgrade : We upgrade old hard drives to newer models.
• Hard Disk Installation : We provide installation services for new hard drives.
• Hardware Diagnosis : We diagnose hardware faults.
• Hard Disk Rebuild : We rebuild hard drives by replacing parts.
• Hard Disk Testing : We test hard drives before they are installed into computers.
• Hard Disk Troubleshooting : We troubleshoot hard drives.
• Hard Disk Cleanup : We clean up hard drives to remove unwanted files such as temporary internet files, cookies, cache, etc.
• Hard Drive Cloning : We clone hard drives to create copies of them.
• Hard Disk Migration : We migrate hard drives between computers.
• Hard Disk Data Backup : We back up hard drives to protect against accidental deletion or corruption.
• File Transfer : We transfer files between computers and the storage media using USB flash drives.
• Virus Removal : We remove viruses from computer systems.
• Software Upgrades : We install software upgrades on computers.
Advice for Improving the Success Rate of Hard Disk Data Recovery
Although it is possible to recover some data from your hard disk drive using free software, it is not always possible. You can improve your hard disk data recovery success rate even further by following our simple tips below:
- Don’t delay the recovery process: Initiating the hard disk data recovery process as soon as you detected a fault with your HDD is the best way of improving your odds of retrieving your corrupted or lost files.
- Do your research: Some hard disk data recovery software only supports a few file formats, whereas others can recover almost any file and, in some cases, even repair corrupted files. Before you begin the hard disk drive recovery process, conduct extensive research for the best application.
- Minimize the risk of overwriting: Permanently deleted files can only be recovered if they are physically present on the hard disk. They can no longer be recovered once they have been overwritten. As a result, you should do everything possible to reduce the risk of overwriting, such as unplugging the hard disk until you’re ready to start the hard disk recovery process.
- Use the right tools: The most effective way of recovering data from a damaged hard disk drive is to use the right hard disk data recovery tool for the job. If you don’t know which tool will work best for your situation, then we recommend that you contact us for advice.
These three simple tips can be the difference between partial data recovery and complete data recovery. Of course, the best way to ensure 100% successful hard disk data recovery is to back up all important files on a regular basis and keep the backups someplace safe. That way, you’ll be able to recover your data even after experiencing a total hard drive failure.
What if My Hard Disk Drive Is Still Under Warranty?
All leading manufacturers authorize CBL Singapore to open sealed drive mechanisms without voiding the original warranty. Our data recovery allows you to receive an in-warranty drive replacement from the manufacturer.
How Long Will the Hard Disk Data Recovery Process Take?
It typically takes 4 to 6 hours from the time your hard disk drive is received to the time we receive it. During this time, our technicians will diagnose the problems, obtain your approval to proceed with the data recovery, and then you can come to collect your data.
In the case of emergencies, please call us directly.
How Will My Data Be Returned Back to Me?
Your data will be returned to you on your preferred medium. DVD-ROMs are typically used, but external hard disk drives are also available when needed. Our Hard Disk Data Recovery team can also send your data to you via FTP. This enables you to safely download your recovered data from the comfort of your own home.
Am I Able to Send My Storage Media to CBL Singapore via Post?
Yes, you can send your Hard Disk Drive or any other storage media to one of our hard disk data recovery facilities in Singapore. Here are a few tips to ensure the safety of your hard disk drive during the shipping process.
- Wrap the media in an anti-static material. This prevents static electricity from building up on your storage media during the transport process.
- Pack the media in a box twice the size of the storage media, use foam or bubble wrap to ensure the storage media does not shake or move around in the package during the shipment.
CBL Singapore has data recovery facilities that are strategically located in Singapore so that you can have close access to our expertise. We also have a number of first responder centers. Please ship directly or use the authorized partner locations closest to you
Why Choose Us?
We have been providing reliable and professional Hard Disk Data Recovery services since 1992. With over 20 years of experience in the industry, we have developed a reputation as a leading provider of Hard Disk Data Recovery services. We offer fast turnaround times, affordable pricing, and exceptional customer service.
CBL 4-Step Data Recovery Process
Step 1: Free Data Recovery Service Evaluation with Written Quote
Step 2: Data Recovery Is Performed According To Evaluation Findings and Client Approval
Step 3: Data Is Recovered and Placed In Quality Control for Authentication
Step 4: Recovered Data Is Packaged and Returned With Proper Loading Instructions
Timeframe: Estimated within 4-6 Hours from the time your hard disk is received.
Standard Recovery Services: 3-7 Business Days
Rush and Emergency Services: 24-72 Hours
Find Out More About CBL Data Recovery Process
CBL Data Recovery Service Commitment
“CBL Is Among the Most Trusted & Respected Names in Hard Disk Data Recovery”
Fast, Secure & Confidential Data Recovery Services
CBL Singapore’s standard service can have your data ready for return three to five working days after our receipt of your hard disk or other media. Our emergency services option is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Under this option, CBL technicians are dedicated to your project until a successful conclusion, usually within 48 hours.
No Hidden Fees
Every single one of CBL Singapore’s customers receives a written quotation from the company. Estimate, assessment, and attempt fees are not anything that CBL will charge for.
No Data, No Charge Data Recovery Guarantee
Since 1993, our “No Data, No Charge” policy has been a cornerstone of our business. CBL is THE policy that governs all of our recovery projects. There will be no charges if our technicians are unable to salvage information from your data storage media.
90% Data Recovery Success Rate
CBL Singapore has earned the respect of not only our customers, but also the data recovery community, due to our high success rate in recovering data. As a result, CBL has succeeded where others have failed in recovering data. Our success is built on over 20 years of data recovery experience on all storage media. We have developed in-house software and hardware technology, as well as training programmes, to ensure that our specialists have the right tools to complete the job successfully. In summary, we have the best equipment and staff in the industry.